Ecommerce That Engages With Your Customers Anywhere, Anytime
Engaging with each and every customer, wherever and whenever it’s most convenient to them is crucial to the success of your ecommerce website. Mobile devices are everywhere, they are now the devices of choice for virtually everyone accessing the web.
More people in the UK now access the internet on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets than on desktops or laptops.
We craft ecommerce websites with Responsive Web Design which results in a website that automatically adjusts to the best customer experience depending on the device used to access it. Your products or services will be available to customers anywhere, anytime. The opportunities to engage and sell to customers has never been so great and the number of digital platforms is expanding all the time.
Ecommerce Solutions From a Team Who Understand Direct Response Marketing
Successful business is about forming relationships with customers. The more engaging the relationship, the longer it will last and the more your business will profit from it.
If you’ve spent any amount of time trying to grow your business and increase sales you will know the key to building profitable relationships with the right customers is direct response marketing.
Our primary considerations with all the work we do for you are:
- It must work from a marketing perspective
- It must create conversions
- It must ultimately make you money
We specialise in building direct response marketing into website solutions for our customers. This means we work with you to create results driven online marketing that integrates perfectly across all your activities.
Planning Your Ecommerce Solution
There are many elements to be considered when planning a successful ecommerce website solution. Deciding on the best solution for your business can be frustrating, confusing and very time consuming.
Below are some of the elements that should be considered for the successful development of your ecommerce website solution. (Please note: this is not an exhaustive list.)
How will the website perform through peak traffic?
- Scalability: To be successful an ecommerce website needs to be able to handle its peak traffic. As the popularity of your website increases it needs to be able to scale with minimum effort. To help ensure ecommerce solutions we develop will be scalable we consider the following:
- Estimated peak number of visits the website needs to support.
- Average number of page views per visit.
- Number of products, categories and SKUs will be made available on the website.
- Number of orders likely to be made per day.
- Average response time for the home page, category and product detail pages.
- Hardware, software and infrastructure required to host and serve the volumes noted above.
Does the ecommerce platform allow a flexible product catalogue schema?
- Product Catalogue: It’s important to plan the structure of the product catalogue so it is as flexible as possible. It should allow you to enter and store information about your products in a way that makes sense to you and enables customers to find the products they want to purchase, easily. Considerations include:
- Number of product categories and sub-categories the catalogue will need to support.
- Number of different types of products and attributes required.
- Number of single products or sub-categories that will need to be present in multiple categories without duplicating the information.
- Number of product packs, bundles or related accessories.
- Number of product variants.
What are the requirements of merchandisers, marketing managers and business owners?
- Business User Access: Understanding who will need access to the administration portal of the ecommerce solution and what information and tasks each staff member will require needs to be planned carefully. The capabilities of the solution need to be analysed to ensure they meet your requirements:
- Will product and category managers need to control their own parts of the catalogue?
- Will merchandisers need to set promotions and discounts on products, orders and shipments?
- What types of reports will the system need to generate to allow management to effectively monitor the success of the website?
- How will the customer data be used for direct response marketing?
- Which staff members will have access to changing the content on the home page or other information based pages such as “About Us”.
What type of search experience will be made available to customers?
- Product Search: The search facility on the ecommerce website needs to provide the best customer experience possible:
- Which product attributes need to be searchable?
- How intelligent should the search be? Should it be able to recognise misspelt words or return close matches?
- What marketing data needs to be tracked from customer searches?
- Does the site require product filtering?
Will external systems need to be integrated?
- Integration: The merging of data between systems and the use of external solutions can be critical to the successful implementation of your ecommerce solution:
- Does the system need to merge data with another system, such as EPOS?
- Which payment gateway(s) will the ecommerce website use?
- What level of PCI DSS compliance is required?
- Which currencies should payments be taken in?
- What will the charges from the payment gateway provider be?
- Is a new or separate Internet Merchant Account required?
- Is integration of a Shipping provider required?
How will shipping calculations be handled?
- Shipping: With many options for shipping providers, it’s important to utilise the correct shipping calculations:
- How many shipping options will be provided to the customer at checkout?
- Is free shipping offered when the order reaches a specific monetary value?
- What are the shipping zones? Where are you able to ship to?
- Should shipping be calculated based on weight or price?
- Should individual products have their own shipping cost?
There are many more elements that need to be planned to ensure the development of the best ecommerce website solution.
With our expertise we analyse your requirements and advise on the best solution for your business.
£250+VAT FREE Ecommerce & Digital Marketing Review
& Professional Guidance
We are currently offering a Free ecommerce and digital marketing review, worth £250+VAT, to businesses across Hampshire, Surrey and Sussex who are keen to open or improve an online shop for their business. Add to this our knowledge and expertise for integrating direct response marketing and you’re onto a winner.